The page lets you know what personal information of yours we hold, what we do with it, who we will disclose it to and how you can access the personal information we hold about you. You can also find information about how to change inaccurate personal information and how to opt out of receiving communications from us.
What personal information about you do we collect and hold?
Depending on your interactions with us, the personal information that we may collect and hold includes:
- your name, address, email address, contact number(s), date of birth, gender and drivers licence number;
- information about your financial position and employment status, personal circumstances, credit and repayment history, and Ministry of Justice fines;
- any additional information provided in a consumer or commercial credit or lease application you make;
- information about your preference for products and services we offer from time to time;
- any other personal information which we are required to collect for identification verification purposes such as passport/visa and licence verification;
- any additional information you provide, such as when you contact us, log in to our website (www.cfsfinance.co.nz), or call us;
- any information you may provide to us through customer surveys;
- a record of any queries you have made or communications you have with us; and
- any other information that you authorise us to collect.
How do we collect and hold your personal information?
Generally we collect personal information directly from you when you contact us or through the dealer, broker or branch to which you have provided your personal information.
We may also collect personal information through/from:
- this website, our social media accounts, applications, or through promotional activities;
- credit reporting agencies and identification service providers, if you make an application with us;
- our agents, related companies and other organisations which provide services to us;
- from other third parties, including but not limited to your agents, referees, present or former employers, and other present or former creditors; and
- publicly available information.
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to protect the personal information we hold, however no method is completely secure and we are not responsible for any breach of security caused by third parties. You are reasonable for ensuring your internet browser and computer system are secure and can support any security measures we use to protect your information and for keeping any log-in details safe and confidential at all times.
What do we do with your personal information (apart from your consumer credit information)?
We may use and disclose your personal information for the purposes of:
- responding to or following up on any enquiries, comments or complaints that you submit to us;
- customer service requirements and providing information and services to you which you have requested;
- for product development purposes, including to assist you to access new channels for delivery of, and access to, our services, for example applications and payment methods;
- processing and assessing an application, including completing credit checks on you;
- to make ongoing credit decisions about you including reviewing and managing your loan or other account, collecting or recovering any payments or other amounts from you, monitoring your compliance, or to better service any loan or other account we provide;
- to confirm and verify your identity including electronically matching your Information with identification information on third party databases;
- to notify a credit reporter or a credit provider if you default in any payment or breach any contract or arrangement with us;
- utilizing services provided by other third parties in connection with the assessment of any application or the provision of any loan, lease or other products or services by us;
- to send you direct marketing, including by email, unless you tell us not to as detailed below under “Marketing and Opting Out”;
- any use which is required or authorised by law, including to comply with any laws in New Zealand and overseas, including but not limited to any mandatory obligations under the Anti-Money Laundering and Countering Finance of Terrorism Act 2009;
- to monitor and screen any account you have with us for fraud or other crime detection or prevention purposes or risks to our products our services;
- any other purpose you have consented to, or authorise.
Who will we disclose your personal information to?
We may disclose your personal information for the above purposes to:
- any person or organisation named in your application or any other person or entity to whom you have consented to us disclosing your personal information;
- our agents, related companies and organisations which provide services to us (such as mailing houses, promotions and advertising agencies, insurers, printers, hosting sites/providers, consultants advisors (including lawyers and accountants), contractors, direct debit providers, debt collection agencies and consumer research agencies) and with which we do business (including dealers and/or brokers) (related entities);
- credit reporters or credit reporting agencies and other credit providers, including for the purpose of obtaining a credit report about you and/or to allow the credit reporting agency to maintain a credit information file containing information about you. (The personal information about you that we may disclose to a credit reporting agency may include credit account information (including the type and status of accounts, the amount of credit extended and credit limits, and the nature and frequency of repayments), ongoing credit account information, repayment history information and credit default information);
- the relevant authorities if any disclosure is required or authorised by law, including disclosure of any suspicious or threshold transactions or activities; and
- with your consent, to guarantors if a credit arrangement is guaranteed.
Access to personal information
You may request access to personal information (including your credit information) we hold about you by contacting us at the contact details below. Where we hold information that you are entitled to access, we will endeavour to provide you with a suitable range of choices (including direction to a credit reporting agency) as to how access is provided (e.g. emailing or mailing it to you). A fee may be charged to cover the cost of retrieval.
We rely on you to update us if your information changes. If at any time you believe that personal information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may request amendment of it and we will either amend the information or make a record of your comment, as we think appropriate.
Marketing and Opting Out
We may use information relating to your visit to our Website, or information you provide to us, for marketing purposes (including direct marketing) in order to continually improve the product and/or service we provide to you and/or to contact you from time to time with marketing material about our other products or services and those of our related entities. We may also share your personal information with our related entities so that they can provide you directly with marketing material about their products and services.
You may opt out of receiving this material at any time by contacting us on 0800 88 2000 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your consent to receive this information will remain current until you advise us otherwise.
We may collect information about you when you visit our Website or social media pages or use our applications. In general you can visit our Website without telling us who you are, however particular sections of our Website may require you to provide us with personal information and in order for some functions of the Website to operate correctly, “cookies” may be used. The amount of information that you provide to us will depend on the services that you choose to use and your interactions with us.
By using our Website you agree that the internet is not completely secure, and that accordingly we can only use our best endeavours to secure your personal information and cannot provide any definitive assurance regarding security of personal information. Other than liability that cannot lawfully be excluded, we will not be liable in any way in relation to any breach of security or any unintended loss or disclosure of that information.
Questions and Complaints
The Privacy Officer
For security reasons, we require that all requests for personal information are provided in writing.
We will respond and advise whether we agree with your complaint. If we do not agree, we will provide reasons. If we do agree, we will advise what (if any) action we consider appropriate to take in response. If you are still not satisfied after having contacted us and given us a reasonable time to respond, then we suggest that you contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner by:
|Phone:||0800 803 909 (from 8.30am to 5pm, Monday to Friday) (04) 474 7595|
|Post:||PO Box 10-094 The Terrace, Wellington, 6143|
This policy is effective from 12 April 2019.